Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back to Granville: more childhood memories...

A week ago it was my first visit to Copenhagen and a real discovery of Denmark's Capital by foot. This time I spent the weekend in Granville, the land of my mother's family. I probably came to Granville more than 50 times already, yet I never spent so much time photographing the city as during the two short 15-kilometer runs I did on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday afternoon, I ran from Le Bout du Monde (literally: the end of the world!) to Donville where one of my aunts live. On Sunday I ran from Donville to the harbors of Granville and back. From a place where you cannot see anything on the horizon to a city and harbor with centuries of history... Like The Little Mermaid was part of my childhood memories thanks to a post card (see last week post), check my Picasa album for many new post cards of this other maritime area. You will not get all the healthy iodine that I got the privilege to breath while running the beaches, but this slide show will hopefully either bring good memories if you know the place, or decide you to come and visit if not already!

Talk to you next week from another place and other trails...!

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Pour une fois que je vais etre la premiere a lire ton blog !!! Superbes tes photos, surtout celles d'aujourd'hui tres riches en contrastes. Je "sens la maree" !

Anonymous said...

Do you know of any races 1 mile - 5k in the bay area within the next week or two?