Sunday, December 11, 2022

Running in Barcelona: Barça's Spotify Camp stadium

I'm so behind, I stil have posts to write about pre-pandemic runs! That one is just a month late though. A rare and most welcome opportunity to visit a client in Europe, in Barcelona Spain. Last time I was there for business in 2018, I ran the famous Diagonal Avenue and beaches, then around the commercial harbor, which wasn't the best memory of running abroad. As opposed to a great 15-mile run around the city while visiting with the family in 2007.

This time I was staying close to the stadium hosting the famous FC Barcelona soccer team. I arrived late at night and, seeing a large green area around the stadium on the map, decided to check if the perimeter was worth running. At 1.2 miles, well lit sidewalks and only a small street to cross at each lap on the North East side (Carrer d'Elisabeth Eidenbenz) that makes for a good and safe training ground.

I ran 7 loops on Monday night, then 6 on Wednesday before spending a good part of the night preparing for our client workshop. If you are a soccer fan, the stadium and museum are open for visits and until 7 pm if I'm not mistaken. Now, I bet the grass is quite green on the soccer field, but why is the whole area/block is rendered as all green on Google maps, I have no idea: that's a lot of concrete and asphalt overall!



Again, not really a visit of the city but very convenient loops if you are staying in this area. Run Barça, Run!

No comments: